Thursday. The table was set beautifully and simply. Fresh baked buns, cream cheese, grapes, juice, and water. We filed in silently, passed food in silence, ate in silence. On other days, we shout for silence. Today, we were silent. Exchanging looks and thoughts. Peacefulness.
Friday. Rain. Slow and grey drizzle. Work is done and I am on top of the world. Fish pie. A walk through the woods, nearly at the boundary of home, but just over the edge. I can see my home, and yet here it is wild. An old iron gate leading to a secret trail through the trees, along a brook. An abandoned dilapidated cabin. So close, and yet I have never seen it, tucked away amongst the evergreens. Hot cross buns, fresh from the oven. A fire in the woodstove, welcome even in April.
Saturday. I have fallen in love with everyone all over again.
Sunday. Crowded in the narrow hallway, a dozen singers with bells ring in the day. From hall to hall, from house to house, good morning community! Gathering - coming back to John 1. So much activity in the kitchen! Amongst frantic dinner preparations, lets just rest! Fresh cut veggies and frozen fruit smoothie. Escape to the kitchen during the treasure hut, curdle the custard. These things don't matter. A beautiful meal set out, slowly savored. Just relax and love. Roast beef - mashed potatoes - cabbage, pumpkin sauce - beetroot - berry trifle - peppermint tea. Cozy by the fire. Shiatzu.
No comments:
Post a Comment