In the farm we are working on building a huge wood shed to store wood for several winters. It is so lovely to have fires on these cold and dark winter evenings, and even nicer to have people to cut the wood, and to be involved in building the woodshed to put it all in.
My student, eager to start, is just as eager to finish, and occupying her in those last few minutes before something new happens is our current challenge. Today was the much the same. Ten minutes before tea break, she said she was ready for tea break now. We were sawing wood, so I managed to coax her into sawing another. Five minutes and one sawn board later, she is on the verge of wandering off towards the tea break room. "Just one more," I said, as cheerfully as I possibly could, with an upward songful lilt at the end. And she started to sing, or more accurately she began to tunelessly belt out ABBA right in my ear, as I grabbed hold of the wood, and she sawed straight through the board. And it was time for teabreak.
No comments:
Post a Comment