Nikki and I went to the Happy Festival today to cheer on two friends who had entered the song competition. The "Happy Festival" was essentially just a song competition, with a huge ring of booths circling it (though I am not sure to what purpose). Here is a selection of what we saw:
Dancing guys in afro-wigs....
Dancing guys in afro-wigs....
Women playing tiny Korean flutes......
And belly dancing with an old-school twist.....
After the first round of the song competition, we went to a tofu restaurant that looked like it was tucked away in it's own secret garden and ate spicy tofu-mushroom soup and ate buchujeon (chive pancake).
Later that day, we got together with a Korean friend and made quiche while discussing the intricacies of the English language.
I'm guessing it was a surprise to see the YMCA song motions performed in Korea by the crowd - very cute and unexpected! Love the name - Happy Festival.
ReplyDelete